July 3, 2010

Kenna Hope is here.







I'm sitting in my hospital room with a very sleepy and full-belly Kenna waiting for Jeff to come up with the girls and I can't help but fill with tears knowing how much more our family is complete now that Kenna has arrived. She took her good ole' time though. I started having contractions (6-7 minutes apart) 3am Thursday night that lasted till about 5am. I didn't wake Jeff up and just stayed in bed and timed them for 2 hours. Then around 7am they started up again and by 8am, they were a lot closer. So once I called my doctor, who advised me: it's my third, I better get to the hospital and the traffic I'll hit will be horrendous, so go now! But, we didn't really rush over since Jeff wanted to shower, and I wanted to make the beds and my contractions were bearable. On the ride over my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart but still I was able to tolerate them. 

We arrived at the hospital at 10am, got hooked up and I was 3 cm.
11am - 4cm.
12pm - 5cm
2:30pm - 6cm 
Got potocin at 3:05 and at 3:30pm - 10 cm!!

And at 3:38PM Kenna arrived with very blonde hair and a slight cry. She was worth every minute of pain and I'm in awe of her. 



So far, she's a great eater and loves to be snuggled. She doesn't like when Chloe kissed her too hard or when she bumps head with her. But, she loves to be held by her big sisters and they are great with her. We go home tomorrow and I can't wait to celebrate the 4th of July with the family.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, DANIELLE! KENNA IS SO CUTE! I HOPE SHE LIKES THE FIREWORKS TONIGHT:o) HAPPY 4TH!

    ReplyDelete