July 4, 2010

Going Home.



YAY! We are going home today and I'm beyond excited. My stay wasn't has bad as I expected it. Two things were on my "anxiety" list while staying in the hospital -
1. Getting a roommate - This is my first time delivering at Virtua - Voorhees, the other two were delivered in Washington Twp. and they have the extra space that you most likely won't get a roommate and I never did. But, here they are always busy, and more times then likely have to double up - but I never got a roommate and was even put into a private room yesterday afternoon. I was one happy Mommy!
2. Breastfeeding. It's always a new challenge with a new baby and the nights always seem the hardest. With Jeff being at home with C & C, I didn't want a repeat with what I had with Chloe. She had one of her toughest night in the hospital and I didn't want to relive that again. Luckily, Kenna loves to eat and loves to suck, but I already know she doesn't like when I drink Iced Tea - one of my favorite drinks. So, I'll be off that for a while.

So, as of right now (7:30am) I'm waiting for the pediatrician and my doctor to release us. My nurse said the doctors come extra early on holidays b/c they know people really want to go home. I can't wait to make the call to Jeff to come get me and load all the girls in the car and go home and be together. Unfortunately, I'm missing my nephew's 3rd Birthday Party, but luckily, the girls will be going along with my parents to celebrate.

Now, let me explain the picture above. Kenna is tiny... she now weighs 5 pounds 10 ounces and her head is smaller then Cambelle's when she was born. But, when I bought this hat, I at least thought it would fit a little... I was wrong. It looks ridiculous, but ridiculously cute that I had to post it. No, she's not wearing it now, I have plenty more at home! And her facial expression says it all... "Mom, I can't even look at you, this hat is super silly."

2 comments:

  1. i love it! i love those flower hats on babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable and even better she was born the same day as Lydia. I will always remember her birthday now. Congrats on the beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete