February 8, 2010

fever update.

I know you've all been obsessing over Chloe's fever like I was all day, so here's a little update on our very feverish Chloe.

I'd like to consider myself highly educated... I never got my masters but I have a college degree in Psychology, taught autistic children for many years, I'm CPR certified, know what to do when a child has a seizure, know how to paint without using blue paint tape, I know how to extract a boogie from the smallest of nostrils and many other things, but today, I found myself stumped at what to do when Chloe had a 103 fever. I was thinking of submerging her in a tub of ice cold water, but then Cambelle would have called DYFS on me... so I opted to call the pediatrician. I ran through all of Chloe's symptoms and she asked me if I've given her Motrin/Tylenol today. What? Now, why would I do that... that's an odd thing to do ;)

I replied "no," because Chloe screams when I come at her with either a medicine cup or the little syringe. And, I've tried all the tricks of the trade. If you could look into my medicine cabinet you would see that I have every flavor possible in either a cup or syringe.

So, she told me something I should have known, but I guess I've been preoccupied with checking Chloe's temp and feeling her entire body all day for a fever. She told me to just take the syringe of Motrin and stick it in the back of her throat so she has to swallow it. (This is when I wanted to hang up the phone because I was totally embarrassed) I mean, DUH! Of course! That's how you get Chloe to take Motrin. So, I tried it, she took it, fever went down to 100.8 and she now feels 100% better.

Let's just chalk this "situation" up as a pregnancy thing... OK? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment