February 2, 2010

BIG girl bed.


Last week we moved Cambelle into her big girl bed and she LOVES it! I love it too... it fits perfectly in this space. We really didn't want to buy her a whole new bed so we had two options: use the day bed we had in the basement or just move over the queen bed from the guest room (which will be the baby's room very soon). Since the queen bed was already set up and it's bigger (just in case for guests) - it was a no brainer to stick with the queen bed and keep the day bed for whenever Chloe is ready for a big girl bed.

So, right now, Cambelle's toddler bed is in the baby's room but soon we'll transform it back to a crib. We don't think Chloe is ready for a toddler bed, but once she is, her crib converts. So, we are just waiting to see... I don't think it'll be anytime soon. If she could she would be sleeping with us 24/7 or raiding the kitchen. Plus, she's not the best sleeper so I don't know how many times she'd be up and down from her bed. I don't think I'm ready for that transition either... so time will tell with Ms. Chloe.


I used the same head board we had in the guest room except I took off a rod iron thingy that was in the middle between the two posts and then spray painted it white - it was a light color wood.

Here's the breakdown of where I bought everything:
Pink quilt and two pink shams - Target on sale $25
Comforter - JcPenney - $50 - about $20 cheaper then the one at PBTeen. But of course it's on sale now. It wasn't when I was looking at it. And JcPenney doesn't have it in stock anymore.
Polka dot pillowcases - PBTeen - I think they were $14.99 but they are no longer available
"C" pillow - PBTeen - $12 - but now on sale for $9 - not including the insert.
White sheets - Target - $39.99

And, Mr. Bear was a gift with our friend, Lauren. She bought it for Cambelle at my baby shower and he's NEVER left her bed. She loves him. She sleeps with him everywhere she goes, even on vacation. He's been with her since she came home from the hospital as a baby. He's Cambelle's lovey. I love him too. I think he did well with the transition ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love the new big girl bed! i really like the black, white, hot pink color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cambelle's new room looks fabulous! The colors look great together. It's as adorable as she is.

    ReplyDelete