December 28, 2009

Christmas!

Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye in our house. One minute we were preparing food for Christmas Eve and then next it was all over with. This was the first year that both girls understood what was going on. They talked endlessly about Santa, presents, Jesus' birthday and they sang many Christmas songs - even Chloe chimed in for some. So we started off Christmas eve morning by baking cookies for Santa.


Cambelle told me that Santa only wanted three cookies, no more, no less. So, that's what we left him. With some milk, of course.

We had Christmas Eve dinner at our house around 4:30 then headed out to church at 6PM. Everybody came back after wards for dessert and gift exchange. The kids ripped through the gifts and wrapping paper was flying all around. One of Cambelle's favorite gifts was a Princess Snuggie. Even till this day, she is sleeping with it and is taking it everywhere she goes. Thank you Nana and Grandpa for the best blanket ever.

(Cambelle was so tired after the Christmas Eve festivities, she couldn't even crack a smile for me)

Christmas morning was very relaxing. Since the girls had a late night Christmas Eve, they slept in so we didn't start our morning till about 8:15am. My parents came over and they cooked us an awesome breakfast. Which we've been doing every year... I really look forward to it.


It was fun watching the girls open their gifts. Cambelle tore open every gift as quickly as she could and Chloe opened one gift, played with it and then opened another gift 30 minutes later. At 11am, Chloe still had about 1/2 her gifts sitting under the tree, not even touched. The girls had a great time playing with their kitchen and Leapsters... It was an incredible morning with family and good food.

After the girls took a 3 hour nap, I was a little surprised by that, we had dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house!

Sorry I didn't post every picture I had, but I had over 50 pictures and I didn't want to bore you with the girls opening up all their toys... but here's a (try) of a good family picture. Seriously, I don't think we'll ever get a good one.... I think Cambelle is wiping away her hair and Chloe is under hypnosis.

But, we hope you all had a fantastic Christmas... we sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment