November 28, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

Every year, except for last year since we were living with my parents, we head out with the Shipley's to pick out the most perfect Christmas tree. We always go the weekend after Thanksgiving and today just had to be the day. Yes, it was windy but not really that cold. Definitely bearable. We drove about 25 minutes to Mullica Hill to a tree farm we've been to only once. It's behind someones house and I think it's adorable and they had a great selection, Jeff would disagree. But, we found the best tree - one that will withstand our heavy ornaments.

Emma, Cambelle and Chloe all bundled up.


Nicole and Maddie. Maddie did great considering she has a bad cold.


Cambelle was reading the sign... "Unsupervised Children Will Be Recruited for Elves." Signed by, Mrs. Clause.
I thought that was funny.



Chloe was RUNNING down the hill... seriously, she couldn't stop... she just kept running.


My little tree hugger.

Cambelle and Emma running through the trees.
I have to be honest, we did lose them a couple of times, but we'd yell their names and they would come running and say, "coming!"


Ok, after 30-45 minutes, we found it... the perfect tree. I was getting confused and after a while they all looked the same to me. So this is the winner of the Botbyl Family Christmas Tree!


Cambelle and Mommy.

After the owner of the tree farm cut our tree down Jeff dragged the tree to our car and they strapped it on for us.

Well, for now the tree is sitting in our garage and my plan is to decorate it tomorrow night. Pictures to come.

1 comment: