September 7, 2009

Preschool meet and greet.

Tomorrow Cambelle and I will be heading over to her school for a meet and greet with her teacher and new classmates or as I like to call them "instant friends." I'm extremely anxious. Not so much about Cambelle starting preschool, but about how much I will miss.

I've never been the one who embraces change well... heck, I don't embrace it at all. I run... like crazy from it. But, I can't change that... I can't change, change. It happens and I can't stop it.

So, I'm going to try to be brave...

But, then things like this happen: Tonight, while I was singing Cambelle her favorite bedtime song, she stopped me and told me she was going to cry when I drop her off at school in three days. I told her it's OK, that Ms. Tanoa will help her feel better and I'll be back to pick her up. And, while the words were coming out of my mouth I had to hold back tears... Ms. Tanoa will make you feel better. And, it's true... she's the one who will make her feel better, and she's the one who will be with you all morning instead of me. I couldn't have picked a better person to be Cambelle's teacher but, I'm extremely amazed that I will be sending Cambelle - my first born- my life- my everything to school in three days. I know it's only two days a week. But, it doesn't make me feel any better.

I'm excited for Cambelle. I'm excited for a new beginning, for a new chapter in her life and for all the new things this world has to offer. These last three years feel like 6 months to me... I hate that time flies and I wish I could freeze time. But, I can't. So, tomorrow Cambelle and I will walk hand in hand, chin up and welcome Preschool to our new "normal." Wish us (me) luck!

I think I'm going to go throw up now ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to cry right along with you... I am actually tearing up now.. Love Mum, aka Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so try sending your baby girl, your last little one, away to preschool 3 days a week! and then imagine that one the first day she doesn't even blink when you drop her off and can barely be torn away from her new fun classroom to throw up a little wave goodbye! picture my tears today...:o(

    ReplyDelete