May 20, 2009

they Do remember things.

Cambelle can recite every word in the Bee Movie, every Barney song, many nursery rhymes and everything else in life. So, why would I think she'd forget that I scolded her to get to bed for the 15th time last night. I don't want to say she's been difficult to get to bed, but if we are out and about or at Jeff's softball games which makes it a very late bedtime, she'll not go to be easily like Chloe, she'll be up for hours. Last night she wanted to watch American Idol and when she caught a glimpse of Adam she said "the guys is stinks." Totally true... but off topic. It was creeping closer and closer to 10PM, and I was losing my patience since I'm also exhausted and I really wanted to watch The Hills that we had DVR'd from the night before. Selfish I know... but what almost-three-year-old is up till 10PM? 

Once I got her into bed at 9:47PM, she was there to stay till this morning. As we sat and watched The Wiggles, I need at least one episode of awful characters and then I can start the day, she looked over at me and said, "you, yelled at me last night." I was stunned when I heard that... what? she remembered? Of course, I immediately apologized and made a mental note to never put her down with anger in my voice. I guess I learned my lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment