July 20, 2008

It's potty time.

I really do apologize for the picture below, but come on... do you think I wouldn't get exciting over a little poo poo? It's the little things that get me excited and well, these two little pellets came from Cambelle and Dora and I were there to witness it.

I've heard that the summertime is the best time to potty train your child. I'm not really potty training Cambelle**. I just wanted to plant the seed of what life would be like without diapers. So, I bought this potty (that she picked out) last week at Target. I "displayed" it in the powder room, thinking she'll just get used to it and that's it.

Well, after swimming in the pool, I de-clothed her and she ran around like a free women. After she was dry enough, we went inside and immediately she plopped her tiny tushy on the potty. I was watching her to see what she was doing and she noticed me peeking, and closed the door on me. Once the door was open, this is what I saw. I asked her if she poo poo'd and she denied the whole thing.... She kept saying, "No, no, no, poo poo!" I didn't bug her after that and she didn't even want the piece of chocolate I was trying to reward her with. And, that's been it. A one time thing. But, I'm still proud... hey, poo poo before pee pee! I'll take it.


** Cambelle has been showing interest in the potty and letting me know when she does go in her diaper, so that's another reason why I bought the potty!


No comments:

Post a Comment