May 4, 2008

after hours.

Saturday morning Jeff, the girls, and I went to Nifty Fifties for breakfast. It was yummy and we were too full to even eat lunch. Cambelle said hello to every body and anybody who glanced her way. Chloe stared at the balloons and enjoyed the loud music. Maybe a little too much for the morning, but it was such a miserable morning that it cheered us up. I think I enjoy going out for breakfast then any other time. But, the fun didn't stop there -

It turned out to be a nice day and we met The Shipley's at The Pop Shop. I love going there, because no matter how loud Cambelle and Chloe are no one seems to notice. And, they both were a little off. Cambelle wasn't happy with anything till her food came out - mind you, I pack a closet full of food for her so this doesn't happen, but she wasn't happy with my pickings that night. And, Chloe was tired and she doesn't like to go to sleep when it's loud or she's not rocked. As Jeff would say, "Fun had by all..." I had fun! No matter, how much the girls whine, fuss, throw food, or cry, I cherish the chaos and go with the flow (well, I try).

After we put he girls to bed, and Bill and Nicole put Emma to bed (her mom watched Emma), they came over to keep the night going. The guys watched the Flyers and Nicole and I (pathetically) played MarioKart on Wii. After about a couple of rounds, our hands were hurting, but by then the game was over and onto our next adventure. (I know we were acting like a bunch of teenagers, but we needed a night to ourselves. Plus, our kids can't enjoy the fire pit yet, they're too young). I absolutely love the fire pit. It's so nice to lite it up and enjoy every one's company. Nicole and I roasted marshmallows while the guys cooked hot dogs. It was a really nice night - a little chilly, but the fire kept us warm. Here are a couple of pictures from our bon fire.


I'm enjoying a nice marshmallow - excuse the pj's.


Nicole freezing.


US!


Bill and Nicole

2 comments:

  1. i enjoy BON fires, too!
    ha!
    you keep me laughing!
    miss you -
    hope you know that!
    coffee time needed asap...
    :)Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny, I thought I was at a bon fire, where were the bombs? sorry to see the gangstas didn't make the post holla

    ReplyDelete