January 28, 2008

milestones.

Chloe was delighted to hear that Cambelle stayed in KidZone (the program at church) yesterday. I was a little excited too. It's a big step for both of us. Jeff put her in and waited outside the classroom for 5 minutes. She ended up crying a lot, but calmed herself down enough to play with her friends. Not like I want to leave my child with strangers all the time, but it's nice that she can do it at church so I can finally enjoy the service. I had some separation anxiety... but I'll have to get over it.



Here's one of many times Cambelle is affectionate to Chloe without asking. She'll just go over and give her a kiss. And, she's getting really good at putting her hands on the outside of seat, before she would put them right on Chloe's stomach or arms.

Cambelle is getting a lot better at talking and expressing herself. I've been trying to teach her that when she wants something to call my name "Mama." Usually, she'll scream or moan at the top of her lungs for my attention, but today, I heard her calling me from the kitchen and it just melted my heart.... But, after that she kept saying it over and over and over again. Hey, at least she did what I've been asking her to do forever.
I also found her today doing the actions from Barney while watching it. It was so cute and she was patting her knees and head and then swaying her arms like the kids in the video. She's growing up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment