December 6, 2007

challenging.


**Chloe on her activity mat**



To be honest, the last two days have been rough. Cambelle has done everything to the house you can think of... of course doing it all while I'm nursing Chloe! She's been a little challenging lately. I know it's because my attention is on Chloe more, but also, I think she's bored. We are usually on the go every afternoon, and since Chloe has arrived, we've been indoors entertaining ourselves. But, that's not good enough for Cambelle. I have finally introduced "time-out." Not sure how I feel about it yet... I always thought I'd be creative with the process of discipline, but it's working. She sits on the chair and doesn't move till I tell her. It all starts over when Jeff is done work, she likes to test him to see if he agrees with Mommy's plan. Cambelle likes to laugh at us when we are disciplining her... and then I start to laugh. I do pick my battles... I really don't care, if she is tearing up an old magazine, but when she is climbing up on tables and touching the TiVo, then it's time for me to get into action. I do feel bad for Cambelle, and I try to give her all the love and attention I can right now, but it's hard when Chloe is in a stage where she wants to be held all the time. Thank goodness I have the Ultimate Baby Wrap. It's a lifesaver and I really enjoy it. With two kids, it's something I definitely need.
Here are a couple of pics from yesterday and today. Cambelle decided to climb the steps, but it's my fault, I left the gate open. She now knows how to get down, so I don't panic that much anymore. And, the other picture is of her "mighty muscles." She pushed the highchair all the way from the kitchen to the living room... that's how bored she is! PS. One good thing today-she's been napping for 3 1/2 hours now.

1 comment:

  1. I admire you. Being a mom is the hardest job, especially when they become old enough to start disciplining along with having a newborn. I know you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete