March 2, 2010

I will give birth...

... before I'm done stenciling this room.

So, I got this "awesome" idea from HGTV to stencil and area in your house that your not-so-happy with instead of using wallpaper, which we aren't too fond of. I bought/ordered this stencil through a local country store and I was so excited when it arrived one week later. I got right to it, measured it perfectly up on the wall, taped it up, picked out my colors and utensils and started to stencil away... well, it took me 30 minutes to just do one stencil. Not so awesome now.

I knew there had to be a quicker way to do this without it bleeding through so I ran to Micheal's for a better paint brush and it worked a bit. It cut down on the time, but still it took me 20 minutes to do ONE stencil.

So this is what I have so far... and I have an entire room to do... I'm only doing it in stripes, so it looks like wallpaper. There's no way I can do the entire room, because I'll be 40 before I get it done.... so, wish me luck! I took on this wonderful task and I'm determined to get it done ASAP! But, with Chloe not sleeping, I've only been given 30 minutes a day....



No comments:

Post a Comment