March 20, 2010

24 weeks.


I'm starting to feel really pregnant this past week... my big belly is getting in the way of some things and I'm having a hard time adjusting - forgetting that I'm pregnant and can't do some things - like paint my toe nails - which is a must these days! (Actually, a lady at McDonald's sparked up a conversation with me today and asked me the usual:
- Are they twins?
- How old are they?
- When are you due?
- boy or girl?
- how do you do it? (Like, I have 10 children)
And, then she looked down and said "Wow, I'm impressed that you have your toes done."
See, people notice! So, I must now always have my toes done ;)

***

I've been having some asthma issues all week and I was hurting so bad I went to my doctors for some stronger meds but unfortunately I can't take the array of meds I would if I wasn't pregnant so I'm walking around suffocating which makes me very tired and motionless. I did get an oral medicine and that seems to be working a little bit... but I'm still having some trouble breathing.

Walking up the steps while holding one of the girls has become a challenge - or vacuuming - or chasing after Chloe and the girls on their bikes. But, that's to be expected!

Overall, I'm feeling great. Sleep is sleep, I mean really, since becoming a mom, how many hours do I really get? Even if Cambelle and Chloe sleep through the night, I'm up checking on them, getting something to drink, going to the bathroom, etc. But, I get enough to function the next the day. By Friday, though, I'm beat! Thankfully, it's the weekend and I get all of Jeff's help.

I have no stretch marks - never did! My belly seems a lot smaller then it did with Cambelle and Chloe - I'm even getting the "Oh, you're 24 weeks, you're so small." And, I actually like those comments, b/c I was huge with C & C.

I find that it takes me longer to get out of the couch, the car, to get ready in the morning, to make the beds... really, I feel like it takes me longer to do everything.

I'm loving feeling the baby kick a lot, she especially loves Oreo's and milk late at night.

I'm loving how the girls are reacting to my pregnancy and how much they are into my belly. I'm loving being pregnant, and can't wait to spend the cool summer nights with all three of my girls.

Sorry this post was so random... but just wanted to write down a couple of things during my 24 weeks.
(picture taken: 24 weeks 0 days)

1 comment:

  1. it's been awhile since i checked your blog! we recently got a macbook pro and so none of my websites were on it! i have added you back to my favorites (or bookmarked you as it's called now) and so i will be checking back in on the botbyl family! you are looking good with your little pregnant belly and the girls are super adorable in their easter egg hunting clothes! i can't believe this was their first one! surely not their last:o)

    ReplyDelete