February 11, 2010

I had no idea.

(This was the fifth attempt at taking a pic of Chloe... she wasn't in the mood for me today)

Chloe has an ear infection. And, I had no idea. She wasn't pulling on it, yelling when I'd take her temperature and it sure wasn't red. I still can't believe it. All the signs of an ear infection I have read on the internet she didn't have. So, I was amazed when the doctor said she's fighting something off, her lungs look clear, but her one ear is infected.

I was also surprised because Cambelle or Chloe have NEVER been on antibiotics or have had an ear infection. We are rarely visiting the pediatrician...

When we got into the car, Jeff said I acted happy when the doc said she had an ear infection. That's not the case at all... first of I don't want her to be sick... but we drive 45 minutes to the pediatrician so I was glad to have taken her and to see it wasn't all in my head that she was, in fact, sick. Plus, you know how many times I've taken the girls to the doc for a stuffy nose/fever/ etc and they check their lungs, throat and ears and finally say, "All good, it's just viral." So, I was surprised to hear that she had SOMETHING.

Chloe still hasn't eaten anything, but she woke up from her nap, feeling a ton better. I did nothing but give her more Tylenol... and then some antibiotic. By the weekend we should be clear of this sickness.


Here's a picture of Cambelle just in case you forget what she looks like... I feel like I've been blogging about Chloe a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment