December 13, 2009

Smithville

We are always looking for fun things to do with the girls. And we finally found a place that, I know we'll be visiting more often. On Saturday night we went to Smithville, with Matt and Michelle and the girls and The Shipley's. My family and I used to go to Smithville every year on Easter, but I haven't been since high school. It was so nice to revisit it and to bring the girls to a place I used to go a lot.

We left the house around 4:15 and got to Smithville about 5PM. We immediately decided to eat, but it was hard to find a place for nine people (The Shipley's met us after dinner) but we found one but we had a to wait a while for our food.... luckily it was yummy food, or I would have to bust up the chef ;)


Kaylee and Cambelle waiting patiently for our food.
(Best part is that they serve breakfast all day - my favorite & Cambelle's)

(This picture just makes me laugh.)

While we were waiting for our food, Matt and Jeff took the girls outside to see the lights and listen to Christmas music. And, then they ran into Santa... thank goodness I was watching them from inside the restaurant and heard Gia yell to me Santa was coming. So, I grabbed my camera and ran outside to take pictures.

Jeff with Cambelle and Chloe and Gia, Kaylee and Mackie.

After we ate, we met up with Bill, Nicole, Emma and Madeline and headed over for a train ride.

Maddie all bundled up.

Waiting for the train to come.
Chloe was not happy to be on the train at all. Even though she wanted to go on and was excited before it came, she wasn't a happy camper at all. She calmed down once the train started to move.


Me, Chloe, Cambelle and Kaylee

We couldn't go passed the Merry-go-round without Cambelle pleading to go on. This was at the point where I think her hands and lips were frozen. I had them completely bundled, but now I know, Cambelle's body does NOT do well in the cold.


Chloe was content and just wanted to watch.

Jeff was getting coffee at the time, so Uncle Matt was nice enough to stay with Cambelle. You can see Matt holding Cambelle's hands, because she was complaining her hands were frozen so she couldn't hold on.

Even though it was cold, the girls had a great time. It's always nice to do fun things like this around the holiday because before we know it, it'll be January and the holiday will be long gone. So, we try to savor every possible Christmas event we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment