November 8, 2009

Santa's in town.

Saturday morning we were up and ready to start the day by 8am. Since Jeff had two soccer games, one at 9am, and the second at 12pm, I knew he wouldn't be home till after 2. So, I wanted to do something with the girls, get them out of the house and run some errands. I called my mom to help me along the way. Chloe still hates high chairs, strollers, shopping, stores, anything that involves her sitting and being quiet. So, I picked my mom up at 8:30am and went to a local diner for breakfast. It was yummy and the girls ate their entire breakfast. I've noticed they eat more at diners but I also think it's because they have to wait for it. Usually when they get up in the morning they eat breakfast pretty much right away, but when we go out, they have to wait almost an hour till they get their first bite.

After breakfast we went to order Chloe's birthday cake at Sweet Eats. It's where we get all of our cakes. Jeff and I also, got our wedding cake there. It's delicioso!
This is a picture of Chloe boycotting getting into the car. She stood there, screaming "NO!" at me. She wanted to go back in because they have a play kitchen and some fun toys to look at - toys that you have to purchase to put on your cake. And, Chloe wasn't understanding that I had to buy them in order for her to play with them... so she had a mini-fit.

You can't really see in this picture, but right before this picture she was screaming!

Then, we ran to the mall to look at lamps at JC Penney and to find the girls snowsuits before the snow comes... because last year I was late in that department. We got some great deals.

Well, we knew Santa was going to be there because Jeff read it somewhere but I totally forgot till we got to the mall. We did some shopping and then came up to Santa and I was really surprised that there was no line. Cambelle was ecstatic to see him. And she told us that she wanted to talk to him. So, I asked her if she'd like to see him today, and she said YES! Now, remind you, last year... she liked him from afar, like any child, but this year, she was all about the old man.

I took her out of the stroller and then asked Chloe if she wants to see Santa and she said no, (her favorite word) so I walked Cambelle around and since we still were the only ones she went right up to him and said, "I want to stand, not sit on your lap!" Santa couldn't hear that well and asked her to come closer, she took the tiniest step and said it again... Santa said it's OK and then he asked her what she would like for Christmas. Cambelle told him that she would like a Dora watch, which Santa replied with a big chuckle and said, "OHHH! Do you want to tell time?" - funny response. She then said she would like a purple baby doll... I then, couldn't hear what he was whispering to her because I wanted to get my phone out to take a picture. Santa told her to turn around for the picture and then they said their goodbyes. He gave her a huge stuffed polar bear and a hug. Since Chloe didn't go up, Santa's helper came over and gave her one too! I was very proud of Cambelle. She loves to talk about Santa but I, honestly, didn't think she'd go up to him. We tried three times last year, with no picture. I'm not giving up on Chloe though, the season is still young... I'm determined... but I won't push too much so that Chloe is traumatized by the big guy!

After all the mall excitement, we went back to my parents to see the dog my parents are watching for their friends who are away on vacation. Jake, is the nicest dog alive and I just adore him. I wish I could clone him or snatch him away so he can live with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment