September 16, 2009

the sleep secret.

I have a secret... if you want your toddler to sleep peacefully through the night... buy them a pillow!
I'm sure I've mentioned it before but Chloe's not a great sleeper. Well, she wasn't until five days ago when it occurred to me that Cambelle at Chloe's age was already in a toddler bed and using a pillow. So, while I was at Target I picked one up for Chloe and since then I haven't heard a peep from her. Prior to this wonderful pillow, Chloe would wake up at least once EVERY night! (She even woke up three times last week) In the last 22 months, she's only slept through the night four times. Jeff and I have gotten used to it, it really wasn't a big deal, because that's Chloe... just not a great sleeper! I got over it quickly and did what I had to do to get her back to bed quickly. But, I kid you not... she has not gotten up ONCE! So, I'd like to say "thank you" Target brand pillow for $2.99 - you rock!

2 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes it is the simple things that work.... Love, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, too weird. Emily started sleeping through the night around 22 months and after I bought her a Thomas the Tank Engine pillow that she picked out. Are we related?

    ReplyDelete