August 31, 2009

living room makeover.

Last week I finally got our Living Room up to par. It was a blank room before with some odds and ends... but mostly just a white room. So, I decided it needed a fresh coat of paint. I bought the paint from Home Depot and I forget the name of it... something Honey Wheat? I lost our sample.


Here's a list of where I bought everything:
Couch - Ikea
Two accent chairs - Ashley Furniture
Sofa table - JC Penney
Curtain - JC Penney (Clearance - $24.99 for a pair)
Three brown wood picture frames on wall - Micheals (Clearance - $9.99 a piece)
Circular end table- JC Penney (Major clearance - $50)
Lamp - Walmart ($14.97)

Picture below - Kohls (Another major clearance - was originally $109.99 - marked down to $43.99 and since it has a crack in the frame - I'll fix it- they marked it down to $31.11)
Pillows - Home Goods - $19.99 for a pair


I took these pictures when we were visiting Charleston, SC. I blew them up to 8x10.


I did the same thing with the flower picture. The flower is from my mom's garden. I antiqued it on IPhoto and then printed it.

New frames from AC Moore for 40% off.


Teal vase is from Kohls for $14.99!

Viola! Almost done... I still have about 5-7 more pictures to hang but I'm not sure where to put them yet... also the room feels empty without an Uppercase Living. So, I'm sure I'll be purchasing one of those soon....

Ok, off to start another project... the laundry room!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome style!! And great deals, especially on the curtains. I'll hire you to do our next house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Miss D. I love the table!!! Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, girl! you are one awesome bargain shopper! looks great too! hey, where do you get all those words that you put on your walls that say cute things? did you paint those yourself or are they stenciled or stick on or what?? fyi: there aren't any these pictures:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! =)
    Especially the pictures of Charleston and the artichoke on the table !

    ReplyDelete