July 28, 2009

Our Weekend.

Our weekend came and went in a blink of an eye. Saturday we had a great time at a birthday party. Then, after church on Sunday we took to the girls to my parents house for a relaxing afternoon. The girls swam, ate lunch, took naps, swam some more, ate dinner and then we headed home. The girls are loving the water and it's getting easier for Jeff and I to swim with them. Chloe now will put on a bathing suit, a life vest, and swimmies... all in a matter of week. If you remember just last week I said she would freak if I came near her with those things... it's just amazing how her mind changes so quickly.

Here she is sporting her new swim look... 30 pounds staying afloat...those swimmines are working overtime to keep her up ;)


Grams, Uncle Darryl, Cambelle and Chloe playing Ring Around the Rosie...

Then, on Monday, Jeff took off in the morning so we could take the girls to the Philadelphia Zoo with my cousin and her family.



We are getting a lot of "are they twins?" questions... People ask all the time how old they are and when I list two different ages they look at me stunned and say - Oh, I thought they were twins... I can't see it. Sorry, but I can't. I guess because they are my own I just can't see how they can be twins...Well, they are the same size, but still... Chloe looks so much younger then Cambelle. They share the same size and the fact that they don't take good pictures together... Chloe likes to run when I say, "Cheese!"




We saw all the animals at the zoo especially these fun parakeets that we were able to feed. They give you a cup of nectar and the birds fly right onto your arm and start licking. At first, I was kinda freaking, but then I got used to it... It was really cool to see.


Cambelle's not so sure...


My cousin's wife, Kristen, works at the zoo and she did a special Gorilla feeding for us... I'm still amazed that she works with such great animals... what a cool job! The minute she opened the door, the gorillas went crazy, jumping and swinging to get to her first. I was so amazed, I forgot to take pictures... thanks Kristen for doing that for us!!!

Emily, Connor and Cambelle next to the gorilla's cage.

Awesome weekend, now off to clean since I've been putting that off for the last couple of days....

2 comments:

  1. looks like you all had a great time. I agree. They don't look like twins. Love Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Problem, Danielle!! I'm glad you guys had fun...I love when you come to visit :)

    ReplyDelete