June 18, 2009

confession.

Today was one of those days where I woke up and mentally prepared myself to get things done around the house and just stay in and enjoy being at home. Until about 11am, when Cambelle decided she wanted to go to WaWa for an Icee and milk. I guess she overheard Jeff and I talking this morning about going to get milk for Chloe before bedtime.

And, Cambelle wasn't giving up. She mentioned it 214 times in ten minutes. So, I thought why not? I ran around got the girls looking presentable and myself also and jumped into the car. It's been an awful day - rainy and cool... so I was looking forward to the 3.5 minute drive to Wawa. Well we went in, got our Icee's and drove off... without the milk. Since I was already down the street to Bed Bath and Beyond, I thought oh well, I'll go back on my way home.

Well, I pulled up to Wawa, turned the car off, and bolted into the store, got my milk, and ran back out. I did it. I left the girls in the car (doors locked). Yes, I saw all the Oprah episodes about leaving your children in the car... BUT I was taking a chance and being risky. I needed milk not another Icee... and taking both in, who now think they own Wawa is such a hassle that I leave there sweating and with multiple tootsie rolls. So, think what you want... but I just wanted to let you know that I won't/can't judge you if you have also have done it. :)

Plus, when I was leaving Nicole called me and told me she sees me... so technically she was my look out... she would have noticed something strange if she saw an old dirty man - b/c they are the ones that take little children and white mini vans - and she would have tracked them down and forgot all about why she was going to Wawa, just like me.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I did leave Wawa feeling like I forgot something too. It's a whirlwind of coffee and donuts and snacks and Icees. No kidnappers though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done it too...no worries. My famous place for doing it is the bank when I have to tap MAC. There may not be the kidnappers like at Wawa, but there may be bankrobbers who are looking for a get-away car!

    ReplyDelete