January 2, 2009

Zoo visit.


I'm sure you can tell I'm a little bit of a weather freak if you have read my last posts. But, I have to say I didn't plan our Philadelphia Zoo visit with the weather in mind... but it could not have gone any better. It was nice and sunny out... yes, COLD, but that's to be expected. The above picture is how Chloe started out the trip... bundled up and ready to go. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have a Bundle-Me. It kept Chloe nice and warm and she never made a sound. 


The gang- we're all friends, but we are family too. 
(Michelle, Matt, their niece and three girls, Bill and Nicole and Emma and then us)

I have some pretty hot connections at the zoo so we had our very own monkey feeding. My friend(soon to be family), Kristen, works with the orangatangs was nice enough to show us around and give us some interesting facts about the orangatangs/monkeys/gorillas. I learned a lot that day...it was fun!

And, of course, what day wouldn't be complete without a ride on the merry-go-round? Cambelle saw it from a far and that was it... we were $6 cheaper but we had a very happy toddler on our hands. 


We tried to get all the girls in one picture, but Emma ran off. So we have 6 out of 7. 



This cheetah was so close to us, we all freaked... I in particular. We thought it was going to jump on us... but don't worry it didn't and the Philadelphia Zoo is a safe place. 

I have no idea what Jeff and Cambelle are "riding."

There she is... asleep. She ate lunch and was put back into her stroller and then was out. I guess the cold knocked her out... It was about an hour nap but once we got home... no nap was needed. But, I'll sacrifice a nap for an awesome day at the zoo anytime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment