January 20, 2009

weight loss.

I'm not one who likes to brag, or maybe I am, I don't know... but I'm really excited so I thought I would share the wonderful news.... 

My friend, Teresa, decided it would be fun, but beneficial to start our own "Biggest Loser." Now, if you know me at all, you know how much I like to win! I love a good ole' competition... and plus I really need to lose weight. Cambelle did a number on my body but when she was 6 months old, I lost all but 5 pounds, but then 3 months later, I found out I was preggers with Chloe... so I had to start eating for two, right? So, let's just say after I had Chloe my body was looking old, weak and run down. Don't forget saggy. So, I was up for the challenge.. and the reward is pretty hefty. Every participant gave $20 so the pot is somewhere around $600. The competition is based on how much body fat we lose and it started December 1st. Since then I've been taking Pilates, an exercise class and I now have my own personal trainer at the gym. I've lost 11 pounds so far... I'm really excited. Plus, I'm watching everything I eat and cutting out a lot of bad foods. I'm addicted to the gym and love how I feel. I've gone down a pant size and have tons of more energy. Even people at church on Sunday gave me great compliments, so I know it's just not me who's noticing a change. The Biggest Loser Challenge ends May 31st, but I have only 7 more pounds to lose till I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight. And, once I stick to something I hate to let myself down, so I'll keep you posted on my weight-loss. Hopefully I'm the "Biggest Loser."

1 comment:

  1. i am so proud of you, danielle! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete