January 29, 2009

at least something on Cambelle is growing.

Seriously, I haven't even thought about Cambelle's shoe size for about a couple of months now. I've taken Chloe to get new shoes, but for some reason, never thought about getting Cambelle sized again. Since I already think I'm a bad mom, I won't even tell you when the last time I took her to get her foot measured. So, today was the day! We drove to OLLY for two reasons: 1. They scan your child's foot to get an exact measurement and 2. their selection is by far the biggest I've seen. But, there are two downfalls: 1. It's far from my house (10 miles, but in Jersey that means 30 minutes - that's far for me, when I have to cranky children in the car) 2. they cost a pretty penny! So, we drove up there, got Cambelle measured and found out that she was wearing a size and a half too small. She was wearing a size 5 - now she's a 6.5! What kind of mom am I? Letting my child wear small shoes. My friend. Liz, told me not to feel guilty... but I do!
I originally was looking for my "staple girl shoe," - brown Maryjane's. But, since we are in a seasonal transition period (that's what the lady said at OLLY), they didn't have any in her size, not even in another color. Let me explain why I like brown Maryjane's: they go with everything - dresses, skirts, capris, jeans, basically anything Cambelle wears. So, I was a little disappointed that they had not one pair in her size... I was simply amazed. Anyways, since I drove 32 minutes, I was going to buy at least one pair of stinkin' shoes. I can't disclose the price of them... but they are worth it. Cambelle is running on air, I guess I would be too if I didn't have to curl my big toe in order to wear shoes. But, Cambelle did not complain once! so, I don't feel that bad. 



3 comments:

  1. I hear ya about driving all that way. We went up there the year we moved up here, after looking all over Deptford, etc. and found NOTHING. They didn't have anything in Emma's size. She has my foot - very narrow - even Stride Rite we have a hard time too. I can hardly ever find the size in the shoe I like.

    Those are adorable shoes though - nice buy...not considering the price of course =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO cute! I might have to take a ride there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The price wasn't that bad... average price in the store. Cambelle has a narrow foot too, so Stride Rite doesn't fit her right! Even though the ride was long, I enjoy going there, it's fun for the girls!

    ReplyDelete