September 8, 2008

Parenting so far.

I have to admit, parenting, so far, has been a whirlwind. I thought I would do a better job, not allow Cambelle eat sugar, eat red dye, jump on couches, sip my coffee or tea, and I thought there has to be a better way of encouraging positive behavior then spanking, time-outs, or yelling. I'm not saying I don't use any of these methods, but I'm trying to figure out what's the best way for my girls to understand between right and wrong.

I never imagined doing the things I do with Chloe, now, doing them back then with Cambelle: feeding table food earlier, chewing on non-chewable things, allowing her to crawl everywhere without me following, and letting her cry it out a tad bit longer.

When Chloe was just born, I thought to myself (many times), what was I thinking? Having them close in age? I must be crazy. But, now, it's my way of living, I don't know any other way then having them 17 months apart. Everyday it gets easier... and everyday I enjoy my life and my family more. My heart grows with love just thinking about what beautiful girls God gave me.

I forget that having a child is truly a miracle... an unbelievable miracle, that no matter how many times you try or what you do, God is in CONTROL! And, to have two miracles in my life is an indescribable emotion. Now, that's something not to take for granted.

So, when I'm having a bad day, or Cambelle has hit every child at the park, or Chloe opts for no naps, I always break down the frustration and think about the big picture... everyday is a new day, and God is in control! Plus, once I give all my anxieties to Him, I feel more like a Godly wife and mother then I did when the day started.




1 comment:

  1. i hear ya! great blog! parenting is an adventure and everyday is a new view.... hopefully, the view we see is more of HIS perspective than our own! Off to referee! ;)

    ReplyDelete