August 1, 2008

First time in 8 months.

I absolutely love Target! Don't we all? But, today I have to document a huge milestone. I was able to walk through every aisle, get everything on my list, drink my entire Starbucks coffee, and even browse. What is browsing with two small children? I found my savior. The Icee, blue Icee actually. Cambelle sits in that cart and drinks away. Is it a good thing she does this? No, but it saved me today. And, Chloe slept the entire time (I passed on her nap so I could get some errands done and visit a friend). May sound selfish, but lately, Chloe's naps are changing. She is now up for three hours in the morning then she'll take a two hour nap, which is usually from 10am-12pm. And, getting out of the house before 10 is tough with me. I can do it, but not without some sweat and tears. Ten to twelve was my errand time but now it's my playtime with Cambelle. Then, it's lunch and then Cambelle goes down for her nap at 1pm. So, I really don't have any time to do things out of the house.

I fooled many people today too. I looked like one of those mothers who has it all together - children sitting pretty, items placed neatly in cart, and I somewhat looked decent... truth is, I didn't even shower!

Let's pray I have many more wonderful times at Target and with a blue Icee in hand.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, thanks Danielle, I am going to start blogging more of my thoughts and memories. You are a great mom, I have a lot of little ones around here in Denver that are tiny too. You are doing a great job of taking care of your girls. Our new job title-worry! I think it only increases, I know mine has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I went to target this week with all 5 kids. Picture this: I had the new double cart with the 2 seater facing the cart w/ the usual seat - so, 3 kids in that one, Then my mom had a regular cart with the other 2.

    We had musical 'seats' for 2 hours while shoe, bedding and storage shopping.

    MY secret weapon?? The PINK icee & the dollar aisle! I did not browse, but I did manage to get my list done & only 2 screaming fits from little Sarah. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete