June 19, 2008

Thursday's outing.


We are having such great weather lately, that I wanted to take advantage of it before it really starts to feel like June. Ever since having Cambelle, I've been a wimp when it comes to heat. I don't know if it was having her in June, my high blood pressure, or what - but I'd prefer to stay indoors till the fall weather arrives. Don't get me wrong. I love the sun and the warm weather. But, once it gets above 85 degrees, I fear I might melt.

It surprises me that I played soccer in Charleston, SC in the dead of summer, sweating my eyeballs off... and I'm alive to tell the story... truly, I'm lucky to be alive!


So we did our usual thing and went to a local park. Which, by the way, is totally cooler now since they've reconstructed it to be safer, more room to play, more swings, more of everything. Poor Chloe was jolted around in my arms while I sped through every kiddie area, side swiping 8 years old, to keep up with Cambelle. I think I might have to dress her in a clown outfit so I can see her at all times. She's so fast and small that she gets lost very easily. Don't worry! I just came back from the eye doctors and he surgically placed eyes in the back of my head. Awesome huh?

Cambelle ate her lunch on the bench while Emma and Chloe sat in their strollers. Cambelle actually sat the entire time on the bench and ate her whole lunch, but then was Speedy Gonzalez again.

She's been known to be the bully in town. She will run around the park to hunt for her next victim. I cringe when I see her walk up to another child - she will either give a nice friendly hug, or a harsh smack across their body. Today, four hugs, once smack! Hey, we're improving! Oh, and she decided to join in on a picnic and ask for a Frito. So, let me rephrase the score - four hugs, one smack, one steal. What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment