June 18, 2008

fun times in the car.

It's really fun to drive around with a toddler - unless it's nap time and they're super cranky. But, when Cambelle's in the car, I'm amazed at how much she sees, and shows me. She can spot a bus - school, Septa, any kind from far away. I only thought this was a "Cambelle obsession," until my friend Liz wrote it on her blog too. That her son, Ben, is very much into buses as well. I guess it's a toddler thing.

And cop cars - if she even hears one, her eyes light up, her finger goes in the air, like she's testing the wind, and she's screaming "cop car." Which sometimes sounds like, "op ar!" Forget the "C's." Especially when she's really excited. I love the look on her face, like she's proud of herself when hearing one. Jeff's not so into her saying it in the car. He freaks and asks her "Where?" And, 9 times out of 10 there is usually a cop car in sight. She's been known to call white cars, cop cars too! Anything to make Jeff drive slower...

1 comment:

  1. I used to say "copper top" when I was younger b/c my dad had a CB radio for long trips and that's what big rigs call cop cars. I must've heard him say that once and it stuck with me - even til now!

    I also called "ambulances" M&Ms!!!!
    miss ya!
    :)Renee

    ReplyDelete