June 8, 2008

Day 1 of vacation.

Well, we made it! Seven hours in the car and we're all alive. We were in the car by 4:58am, we beat our plan to leave by 2 minutes. YAY us! Ten minutes down the road and Cambelle was already calling for her wonderful purple friend, Barney! Thank goodness, I bought a bag from Target ($2.50 special) and loaded it with new toys, coloring books, Barney DVD, flashcards, crayons, cars, snacks...anything I think that would keep her away from 7 hours of DVD's. The bag of fun helped a little... I sat back with Cambelle and we did some flashcards, coloring, car racing, and I think I had more fun then she did. Cambelle didn't nap one wink. She was up the entire time. This happened last year too - when she was 11 months old. I don't know what it is, but she's not a car-fall-asleep-er. I am! So, I don't know who she takes after... Jeff falls asleep at the wheel. So it beats me. (Jeff does not endanger is family, but I see a the top of his eyelids once in a while, we end of stopping so he can refuel his energy). I love it when I totally see his eyes close for .5 of a second and I freak and then he's like, "I wasn't asleep!"

Chloe was well behaved, again, didn't want to sit that long in her car seat. We stopped for breakfast around 7am (I think in Maryland) and we played in their play center for an HOUR! It was good to get out and Chloe had a good time watching Cambelle up and down the slides.

Today, it's ungodly (can I say that?) out! So hot, that I didn't even go to the beach. Jeff took Cambelle for about an hour but she didn't even want Jeff to put her down in the sand or water, so they came back and went in the pool. We did venture out and watch the guys go on waverunners, but once I dropped Jeff off, I headed back to the house. I get too nervous with Chloe out in the heat. (Jeff came home with my dad). The girls are now in for their afternoon naps and I'm in the house enjoying some peace and quiet before the circus gets back for dinner.

When Jeff and I go on vacation we usually set up a "beach plan" before the week... meaning, I'll go down in the morning and he'll go down in the afternoon, but since it's too hot for me... I opted to stay back while HE gets some NEEDED rays!

Chloe fact - she now uses a sippy cup and loves it!

Pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment