May 31, 2011

Catching up...

I have some major catching up to do! 

Our days have been really low key but at the same time I feel like we've been non-stop running around doing things. I'm really enjoying having three little girls in the house - all at different stages of childhood. Cambelle is growing up too fast... she understands how to negotiate, she understands that there will always be a consequence for making bad decisions, and she rationalizes - she's definitely a mini-me and has major OCD issues and has all the attributes of a first born (like me). She's becoming a people pleaser and she makes sure J and I are happy at all times. When she does something wrong she apologizes 1,000 times over... She's turning 5 on June 20th and even though my heart is full of love for her, it breaks knowing I will never get that time back. I'm always wishing time would move faster but I'm realizing that it moves fast even without my wishing, so I need to stop - enjoy - and take in the moments I have been given.


Chloe is all about Cambelle. She says and does everything Cambelle does. She yearns for attention and I give it to her every time I can, but for her, it's never enough. It's sad but true... she NEEDS to KNOW she's loved every minute of the day... So, when ever I can, I give her hugs and kisses and tell her I love her with every ounce of my body. It's a struggle to remind myself to do that for her, since she's still in the "trouble" stage... but I try my best and I do the best I can... I'm finding out as a mother of three I can't do enough. I never will.... I guess I just need to accept it... But, Chloe is a love-bug and will drop whatever she is doing and give me a good squeeze and tell me she loves me and I'll give it right back to her. She's starting Pre School in September with the same teacher Cambelle had and she's beyond excited. I think she's been ready since last year. My life would have a deep hole in it if Chloe wasn't in our lives... I'm blessed to have a unique-creative-live-by-the-seat-of-your-pants child.



Kenna is growing immensely and so is her hair ;) It's the best shade of strawberry blonde which make her eyes seem bluer than they really are. She makes my mornings happy (she's usually the first one to wake up, if not it's Chloe and she gives the best Good Morning hugs). Kenna is a happy baby, but hates it when I'm out of her sight. She's too cool for jarred food and prefers to eat whatever I'm eating... her favorite food right now are eggs (white part only) and will inhale 3 in one sitting. She won't say Mama but she's all about saying Dada which is fine, because he does ROCK! Kenna is a screamer - she will scream really loud when she is being picked up by Chloe or when she wants something (either food or attention). We are ecstatic about celebrating her 1st birthday on July 2nd. 

Here are a couple of things we've been doing. 

My dad and the girls planted a garden - cucumbers, strawberries, tomatoes and sunflowers. And as of today we are starting to see some green tomatoes and red strawberries. The girls are very excited. 




I ran my first 5K with my cousin, Tina. I was more than pleased with my time and I'm itching to run more 5K's in the summer. 


All three girls can now bathe together... YAY!


Cambelle is done school next Tuesday, June 9th. She graduates at 7pm and now we are on the look out for a "fancy" dress.


Kenna is standing all by herself... she'll stand for a couple of a seconds and then fall...


We are looking forward to many more bon fires with friends and family.


We are all ready for SUMMER!



No comments:

Post a Comment