April 15, 2011

9 months.

Kenna turned nine months on the 2nd, which was years ago... I'm slacking on blogging, but oh well, my blogging time is now filled playing with three little girls!






She is always on the go... she's a pro crawler now and loves to pull herself up on things. She's still not that steady and she will fall after a minute or two, but she's still learning and getting the hang of it. Within one day she was kneeling playing with her toys, and now she can stand, which is so fun. She gets a smile on her face and you can tell she's so proud of herself. 


She loves hanging out in her new ride... as long as I strap her really good in it, she'll sit in there for hours.




I always find her standing in her crib after nap/bedtime. When she wakes up she's usually ready to get out but I can tell as the month is going on she's waking up, playing and entertaining herself for a while before she starts crying to get out. 

She has another tooth on the way (total of only two) and it's making nighttime rough... but nothing a little Motrin can't help. 

She has her 9 month appointment the other day and she is 15.5 pounds (2nd percentile) and she grew 2 more inches (14th percentile). She's a tiny baby and people are always amazed that she's nine months old. The doctor isn't concerned about her weight since she's following Cambelle's pattern... so I'm glad we've chalked it up as "that's just the way Kenna will be" and not have to go through all the testing we did with Cambelle.

Kenna has intense separation anxiety. I can leave the house fine, but once I get back and she sees me, it's all over from there. She starts to lean for me and I'll need to pick her up or she'll get upset. Same thing with church or even if I'm in the house and she's playing nicely but then spots me, she'll need me to come in and play with her or she'll scream at me.

She takes great naps and sleeps well at night (only waking up once) but if she's teething she could be up many times throughout the night.

I think her favorite part of the day is bath time and playing with Cambelle and Chloe. She follows them around everywhere...

We're still dealing with the issue of Chloe picking her up. It's ALL THE TIME and it's becoming very stressful for me leaving Kenna alone for two minutes. Chloe will immediately pick her up and take her around the house... we're working on it but it's a slow process. 

I'm already planning Kenna's birthday party and I'm having fun picking things up and organizing everything. We can't wait.

Happy NINE months Kenna! We love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment