March 14, 2010

31 years old and 23 weeks pregnant.


I turned 31 on Saturday and I have to say, I'm pretty excited about it. For me, it feels like New Years. Ya know, starting over... new things to come. So as I turn another year older I'm excited to see what this year will bring.

My birthday festivities started on Friday night when Jeff told me to get into the car because we had to pick up one of my birthday presents. So the girls and I jumped in and off we went. I had no idea where we were going. I really didn't need anything, plus I feel like Christmas was just yesterday (I'm still finding tree needles in my stinkin' carpet), plus, Valentine's Day was yesterday and Mother's day is tomorrow ;) So, I could not think of one thing I needed. But, we ended up at Raymour and Flanigan and then I figured it out... he bought me the HUGE ottoman that goes with our couch. I've mentioned a couple of times since we bought the couch, 2 years ago, that we need to finalize the piece and get the ottoman for it to be a bit more comfy for friends when they watch movies! Best gift ever, because I'm using it all the time now.

My parents were awesome on Saturday and took the girls all morning while Jeff and I went out for breakfast and did some shopping. The girls did some shopping at Ikea and Target with Grams and Poppy so they had a great morning too.

I was in severe need of maternity jeans. All the ones I have are from when I was pregnant with Cambelle and were shrinking in the dryer so I could no longer really wear them. So Jeff and I went up to Cherry Hill to Destination Maternity for the perfect pair of jeans... and let me tell ya, it's a pregnant girls' dream. I just love this store, it has everything and I found the best pair of jeans ever. They are super comfy, just my size and lightweight (perfect for the summer.) Have I mentioned how perfect they are ;)

Then, I bought two of the most comfy t-shirts ever... I think I want to sleep in them - one is pictured below. I also bought this shirt that I'm wearing above and then of course, every women needs a Phillies t-shirt.

On the way home we stopped at Buy Buy Baby to find a car seat cover but they didn't have any... weird since Babies R Us and Target carry them.

Once our shopping spree was over we went home and met up with the girls. After the girls took great naps (and so did I, shopping made me very tired- or maybe it was the fact that it was pouring out and it was dark all day) we went to dinner with some family at my favorite place - Tokyo - all you can eat sushi. It was so yummy and I asked Jeff to roll me out of the restaurant.

I had a wonderful day. And, I'm looking forward to tomorrow because Jeff bought me a new camera but he won't get it in the mail till then. I'm really looking forward to finally getting back to taking pictures daily. Even with the pic Jeff took of me above, it took him a couple of minutes because they camera kept saying "error." The poor camera is just so sick and I'm kinda sad about it, because I've had it for 8 years... but I think it's time to upgrade!

Ok, now, onto me being 23 weeks -

Here I am, 23 weeks pregnant and feeling great! I can't complain... things are just great. I'm getting a little anxious about getting the room done, but I know it only takes one weekend to start and finish it. Except for the fact that I bought another stencil for the baby's room that will take me till the day my water breaks. But, it's all worth it.

Ok, I was going to do my weekly pregnant list, but I'm falling asleep at the computer....

I hope you had a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday again. I can't wait for my new camera too. I feel so out of it when I am not snapping pictures. What kind are you getting? You are a beautiful pregnant mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy late birthday, old lady! i always forget ours are so close! could you be any cuter with your little pregnant belly:o)?

    ReplyDelete