October 19, 2009

Shhh... we're in a library.



I should have known going to the library this morning that nothing good was going to come out of it, well, except for getting books for the girls... education is key, I guess. ;)

Nicole and I arrived at the "new-and-improved-Williamstown-library" at 11am - sharp! We tried to go around 10:15am, but then found out that they don't open till 11am. So, I took the girls to Starbucks and snacked on chocolate milk and yogurt and granola. I had my usual - grande coffee with Caramel syrup... just as good as all the frapps and lattes, but no calories.

I prepped the girls earlier in the car about the "rules" of the library. No yelling, please walk, no yelling, please walk...

That went out the window before the girls go INTO the library.

Nicole and I had to get a library card and while we were filling out the paperwork, the girls were running around the CD section, pulling things out and being very loud - (my girls, not Emma!)

But, I was determined to get two books for the girls, even if I had to use my "mean" face a couple of times.

When we were filling out the paperwork the lady who was helping us said, "It's OK if they are loud, there's no one in here... they're just being kids."

Poor lady she had no idea...

Here's how it went down at the library:
Girls ran around
Chloe screamed multiple times
I picked one book out for Cambelle
Chloe chose 23 books by pulling them off the shelves
I put all the books back
I finally found one book for Chloe
Chloe started to dart for the door
I used my mean face for the 143rd time
I was sweating... I sweated a lot, actually
Brought the books to the "naive" lady at the desk
Ran outside to get Chloe because she was playing in the street - not really, but almost
I signed the books out

And, then the lady at the front desk was whispering to another lady and I know they were talking about my children... she told me to come back again, I said, "I will in two years!" She chuckled and off I went with my sweaty self.

Let's just say I won't be going back to the library.

So, we took the girls to McDonald's - for their reward- because they were AWESOME! I mean, really, they listened and did everything I asked...

So, now, I'll go with my sweaty, fatty self!

2 comments:

  1. Please, Emma was running just as fast as your girls and pulled a few random books down from the shelves. At least we made the librarian's day a little exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post...made me laugh out loud. I especially like all of the sweating.

    ReplyDelete