July 7, 2009

Our 4th of July.

Our weekend started off on Friday with my parents coming over and helping us with a couple of things around the house. My dad and Jeff did an awesome job putting shelves up and reorganizing everything in the garage. It's the cleanest garage I've ever seen. Then, we went to my parents house to swim and relax. The girls take great naps there and Cambelle loves to take a nap in Grams and Poppy's bed. I think they actually sleep better there... go figure. Then, off to dinner we went. Sat outside and fed some fish in the pond outside the restaurant...

On Saturday we went to my BIL and SIL's house for a BBQ! It was yummy and Cambelle was really happy to finally swim in their pool. It's all she talks about... and she's now able to swim by herself, with a swimmy of course, but she swims like a big girl. It's really cute... I'll have to get pictures of her swimming soon.

After the BBQ, we went to the Washington Twp. parade with my parents, the Shipley's and Bill's parents (Jeff's aunt and uncle). We really look forward to it every year and it's such a fun time we have all together. It's an overwhelming feeling to have quality time together...

Cambelle, how excited are you about the parade???


Cambelle and Chloe both got pinwheels from a nice lady near by...
(Cambelle's face was stained blue from all the candy she ate... but I think it came from the Blue Raspberry Air Head)



I couldn't believe when I was getting myself ready for the parade that I didn't own anything blue or red, so this is my version of red, white, and blue - fucshia and turquoise.



... and then the candy started to come... I can't even explain to you how much candy Jeff and Cambelle collected. It was insane. Every year, we bring a baggy and fill it up as much as possible. I'm now holding the candy hostage for potty reasons.... so the candy came in handy.


Hi, Nicole!

My dad is the one in the red shirt bending down, Aunt Bonnie is to the right in a red shirt and Bill and Maddie are behind her... there was craziness when people would throw candy out of the float/car.
(Chloe didn't move off my mom's lap the entire parade... I kid you not, she sat there and took everything in.)

After the parade we went back to Bill and Nicole's for fireworks. Cambelle and Chloe stayed up till then and were great. We had a great 4th of July and I hope you did too...

2 comments:

  1. We were at the Twp parade too! We were sitting in front of the Malvern School on Greentree Rd. Where were you guys!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA... we were at Otts. We were right across from you-well down the street... how funny!

    ReplyDelete