June 29, 2009

organizing.

Last weekend we spent our entire weekend at a Pet Store, well it felt like it and this weekend we spent a lot of it at IKEA! We went Saturday morning to get a chair for Cambelle's room - but in Vallsta Black&White. They were out of stock so Jeff has to run up there tomorrow. But since I already had in my mind that we were going, I took on the task (Friday afternoon) to clean our playroom. Ya know, get rid of every McDonald's Happy Meal toy that serves no purpose but to clutter up every basket or box. And, I knew I had toys in there that the girls would never even touch: rattles, small stuffed animals, anything that was good for the age 0 months to 12 months. So since we were going to IKEA I wanted to clean it out to see if I had room for another bookcase like the one we already have or smaller. It took me forever to clean everything out and organize better.

So, Up to Ikea we went, got a couch for our Living Room and Cambelle's new chair & slipcover, but no new organization bins for the playroom. But, it's cleaner and roomier. Here are some pictures. And, since I spent so many hours doing this, I had to blog about it...

BEFORE
AFTER -
The white storage chest is now upstairs in our room, which it looks better there anyways. It was serving no purpose in the playroom.


DURING -
Chloe helped sift through all the toys and she was having a blast playing with things she hasn't seen in a while.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
What a project, but I'm glad it's done. I know you might not see a difference but there's more room. My motto is: Everything has a place and there's a place for everything. Poor Jeff... he has to hear that a lot from me.

2 comments: