December 23, 2008

gingerbread house disaster.

So a little paranoia came over today b/c I remembered that I bought a gingerbread house days ago, but totally forgot. So, after Cambelle's nap, and in between going out to dinner, we attempted the building of a gingerbread house. We've done the "spooky house" at Halloween, and that took no longer then 30 minutes, so since I've done this before, I'm now a pro... right? wrong! Totally wrong. I mixed the icing, like I did before, starting going to work and for some reason, my icing didn't want to stick to anything. Cambelle preferred to eat all the candy and I was racing against the clock... 

Don't ya just love Cambelle's face? Her eczema was really bad today.


You can already tell by now, it's not going to work out. It wasn't piecing together right and I was starting to become a little irritated. Cambelle wasn't too impresses so we trashed it and Cambelle ate the rest of the candy. I know it sounds cruel that I demolished the house, but Cambelle didn't mind, she told me it was broke anyways. I think we like things a little too perfect around here.


But when all else fails bake cookies... 

Here are the ones for Santa and two of his reindeer. Cambelle only wants Santa to have four no more... no less. 

 I hope Santa enjoys them ;)

2 comments:

  1. Danielle...no worries...our icing on our gingerbread house wouldn't stick to anything either until I added a crap load of water to the mixture! Haha! Very frustrating!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am still very proud of you for even attempting it! i have never tried to make one with my kids b/c it seems to intimidating to me!

    ReplyDelete