September 15, 2008

South Carolina

Jeff and I had a wonderful time in South Carolina. We left Thursday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. Thanks to my parents who took great care of our girls, we really appreciate it!

We arrived in Columbia around 2 in the afternoon and then headed 90 miles to Charleston, where we stayed till Saturday morning. In Charleston, we went to all of our favorite places to eat and walked around the market and did some shopping.



Bocci's is one of my favorite places to eat downtown. Jeff and I spent many Valentine's there and we celebrated our engagement there with family in 2002. I haven't been back since, so it was nice to revisit and know their food is still the best.



I lived in Charleston for three years, but I guess I took for granted how awesome the city is, so Jeff and I "toured" around town and did the touristy thing and took tons of pictures.






We drove up for the big game on Saturday - we all know how that turned out, but at least we had a really nice hotel to come home to at the end of an exhausting day. I took boring pictures of the room, but I had to post this one, since we had a flat screen in our bathroom...



We were so excited to see our old friends, The Beasley's. Jeanna and JJ have a 12 month old little boy, named Bryce. He's adorable! And, they were nice enough to invite us to JJ's parents' condo right next to the stadium to tailgate for a bit... then, we headed over to the game. I have never sweat so much in my entire life... it was awful! But, I had fun, even though we lost... and Jeff did pretty well with the lose too.

It was a great little trip and we are looking forward to doing it again. It probably won't be for another two years, but that's OK with me... I missed the girls terribly and called home way too much. We're glad to be home and even though it was only for four days, the girls looked bigger and taller.. I hope I didn't miss too much ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment