July 2, 2008

SICK!

Cambelle woke up this morning two hours before her usual arrival time! She was on fire and crying. She had a high fever and didn't let me leave her side for an hour till she requested toast. As I was making it, she was crying in the family room and I went to pick her up and that's when I was hit was wonderful morning throw up. She had great aim and hardly got any on the floor. Excellent job!

Cambelle is never sick... as a baby, we were rarely at the pediatricians. So, I'm still new to the fever/sick signs. But, I did call the pediatrician because she was holding her ear. We were lucky enough to be seen at 9:30am, and my dad was nice enough to stay back with Chloe - but she was sleeping the entire time, so he had it easy. Nothing major is wrong with Cambelle. No ear infection, no sore throat, basically nothing visible. The doctor did say her molars are coming in and that could cause intense pain.

After our appointment, Cambelle was asking for food, toast actually and I drove right up into Dunkin Donuts. I didn't protest, since I haven't eaten all morning. She ate half a bagel and was good to go. Came home, played a little and then it was nap time.

Woke up an hour later with a very high fever and that's when it got worse. She was extremely clingy and was my little monkey for the day. With having two children, it was, literally, hard juggling both of them. She ended up falling asleep on the couch and then again with Jeff till 7:30PM. It's now 10Pm and I just put her down for the night. I hope it goes well. I have plenty of clean sheet laid out just in case. She did end up eating Fishies, applesauce, and some juice... oh and I can't forget the Rita's Water Ice Jeff brought home after her ran to Office Depot.... anything to make her feel better.

I'll keep you posted on our little sick monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment