July 1, 2008

the girls are bonding

Ever since Chloe's been born, I've been waiting for the day the girls truly interact. The last few months, Cambelle's love for Chloe has grown. There are no more "love-hate" moments, it's all love. Cambelle gets excited to see Chloe after her naps, loves to play with her now that she can sit up and always wants Chloe to be with her. I'm in awe of their growing relationship. I don't have a sister, so I'm blessed to see what a sister-sister relationship looks like. Cambelle adores Chloe and it's visa versa.

Thursday night, we had Jon and Amy's rehearsal dinner and Chloe stayed back with my parents. We didn't even leave the drive way and Cambelle was screaming, "Chloe!" and pointing to her empty car seat. My heart was broken and I asked Jeff to stop the car so Cambelle could say bye-bye to her - maybe to ease the pain. My mom walked Chloe over and they gave each other a kiss, Cambelle said bye-bye and we were off. It was the first time Cambelle was really upset that Chloe wasn't with us.

Then, there was Saturday night on our way back from Jeff's parents house in PA. I turned around to check on the girls - Cambelle enjoying her 10th viewing of Barney and Chloe smiling away leaning over watching Cambelle. Now, this has happened before, but I've never mentioned it to Cambelle. But, this time I wanted to make a big deal about it and told Cambelle that Chloe was looking at her. Immediately, Cambelle started to make faces and laugh at her. I love hearing Cambelle say Chloe and it just melted my heart watching them play while both strapped in their car seats. Jeff and I have both noticed how intense their love for one another is.

Today, I was saying to my Grandmom that I think the girls talk before we start the day and conspire against me. Maybe it's like a twin thing, because when one starts crying the other one is not far behind. They cry at the same time, whine at the same time, laugh at the same time, play at the same time, and hopefully one day, they'll do everything at the same time (together). I can't wait to see the girls grow up and become best friends.



Nana gave Cambelle this necklace to wear and she wore it the entire time even on the way home till she went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that is so sweet, I got teary-eyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The sister relationship is like no other. How exciting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete